In this very candid and instructive heart-to-heart TED Talk about end-of-life planning, Tom Brokaw shockingly admits to his daughter, Jennifer, “unfortunately I don’t know a lot about my living will. In fact, I’m not even sure where it is at this point.”
This discussion raises some very important questions about your estate planning situation:
- Does your living will still reflect your wishes? There are many reasons why you may want to update your living will and/or healthcare power of attorney: Has your relationship with your family changed? Is your agent still able and willing to act on your behalf? Has your health changed? Have your beliefs changed? Have you moved?
- Have you discussed your wishes with your family?
- Do you know where your Healthcare documents are located?
We enroll our clients in the DocuBank Emergency Card program because it lets you and your doctor access your living will and other emergency information immediately when needed. It’s like having your documents right in your pocket!
If your membership has lapsed, contact them toll-free at 866-362-8226 to reactive it.
If you have any questions about your Health Care documents or questions that may arise from watching this conversation between Tom and Dr. Jennifer Brokaw, please call us at 405-843-6100. Please don’t wait until it’s too late!
Latest posts by Larry Parman, Attorney at Law (see all)
- How Old Should You Be When You Retire? - March 12, 2019
- What Assets Count for Medicaid Eligibility for Seniors in Oklahoma? - March 12, 2019
- Oklahoma City Nursing Home Resident Dies after Altercation with Another Resident - March 7, 2019