Tuesday, October 10, 2023
10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Holiday Inn Express and Suites
2201 North Stonewood Circle
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma 74012
Presenter: Taylor Smith
Are you ready to begin making decisions that will protect your independence and ability to stay in control if you get sick or need long-term care in the future?
Join Taylor Smith for a special 120 minute Educational Event! Learn how to use simple legal strategies to help make your wishes known, keep peace in the family, and ensure that life is as easy as possible for your loved ones, no matter what happens.
Who Should Attend This Estate Planning Educational Seminar:
If you don’t currently have a plan in place to protect your family and assets… or if it’s been at least three years since you’ve last looked at your old estate plan.
During this Education Program you’ll learn:
- How to NOT be a burden to your loved ones.
- The advantages and disadvantages of both wills and trusts.
- How the new SECURE Act has impacted inherited IRAs and the best strategies to minimize taxes to your heirs.
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- All about probate and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time-consuming legal process.
- If you will owe estate taxes and how to help your heirs minimize or even avoid “death” taxes after your passing.
- Easy strategies to protect your children’s inheritance from being seized if they get divorced, sued or file bankruptcy in the future.
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried (without a plan, your family’s inheritance will legally go to the new husband or wife!).
- How to qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses which can average $4,500 monthly.
- How parents (and grandparents!) of children with special needs can plan for a lifetime of care without jeopardizing eligibility for important benefits like Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Yes! I want to attend this Estate Planning Education Program!
About the Speaker:
Attorney Taylor Smith
The first attorney in her family, Taylor Smith decided to pursue a career in estate planning because she wanted to problem solve and connect with families. She is a self-proclaimed “people-person,” and wanted to use her law degree to serve her community and help her fellow Oklahomans create plans that give them peace of mind and protection.
Taylor and her husband Caleb have a two-year-old daughter, Stevie Smith. Taylor enjoys spending her time with her family, trying new recipes and restaurants, and playing outside with Stevie. She loves all music, from Led Zeppelin to Johnny Cash, and is a great teammate in music trivia. Taylor feels that life is short, and our time is best spent with the people we love and doing things that bring us joy.