Estate planning services from Parman & Easterday provide you with the peace of mind you need in securing your legacy for future generations. Our estate planning law firm helps clients to provide for their families and to take control over their own destinies. We do this by providing comprehensive estate planning services. No one can ever control when they may become sick or injured and left incapacitated, nor can you control when you will pass away. You can, however, make a plan to ensure you know exactly what will happen if something does happen to you. This can both provide you with peace of mind and ensure your family is protected.
An estate plan is something everyone should have, because an unexpected illness or injury could strike anyone at any time. If you live in or around the Oklahoma City, OK, or Tulsa, OK, we can help you. Give us a call today to get personalized advice on creating your own estate plan and to get answers to general estate planning questions including:
- Who should create an estate plan?
- What should be included in your estate plan?
- How does an estate plan benefit you and your family?
Who Should Create an Estate Plan?
You should have an estate plan because estate planning is for everyone regardless of age or wealth. This statement is especially true for anyone over the age of 18. Below are some scenarios that illustrate the need to have estate planning services in place:
- You don’t want your family forced to “pull the plug” or make other difficult choices for your healthcare when faced with a medical emergency.
- You want to control whether you should get CPR, whether or not a feeding tube should be used, or whether or not other extraordinary measures should be used to prolong your life.
- You have young children and you want to decide who should be their guardian if you pass away.
- You have children or a friend or relative with special needs and you want to provide financially for that person.
- You want to ensure that your assets are distributed to the people or causes you care about and you want to reduce potential loss due to estate taxes.
- You want to make sure nursing home care can be covered by Medicaid if you need to go into a nursing facility, rather than you being forced to spend your whole life savings on nursing home care.
- You have any wealth or assets and you want to make sure that you have someone you trust managing that money or property if something happens to you.
- You have a family business or farm and you want an exit plan – to either sell it or transfer it to the next generation.
Many of these things are true for most people – which is why everyone should have an estate plan. Estate planning involves making sure you and your family are secure during your retirement, during the end of your life, and after your death.
What Should Be Included in Your Estate Plan?
The right legal tools to include in your estate plan will vary based on your own wishes, the assets and property you have, and the unique needs of your family members. Parents of young children or relatives of someone with a severe disability may need to take very different steps than someone with a large estate which will primarily be left to a charity. The individualized nature of estate planning is why everyone should get professional legal help with the process.
The job of an estate planning attorney is to help clients to make full use of legal tools to achieve their goals and to create and protect their legacy. Your plan may include:
- Advanced medical directives
- A power of attorney
- A document creating a healthcare proxy
- A living will dictating what kind of care you need
- A Do Not Resuscitate order
These are just some of the many different components which people frequently include in estate plans. You should ensure you both identify the tools you need to use and ensure you have completed all required steps to get the protection you anticipate from making full use of those legal tools.
How Does an Estate Plan Benefit You and Your Family?
In short, your family will know you cared enough to protect yourself if you become disabled and protect them upon your demise. They will see you as someone who values their safety and well-being. And, you will have the eternal peace of mind, knowing you took these steps for the most important people in your life.
Why Call Parman & Easterday?
At Parman & Easterday, our attorney, Larry Parman, has a deep personal understanding of the importance and urgency of estate planning, no matter your age. Larry’s journey into estate planning services was not just professional, but personal. His estate planning journey began when his family faced an unexpected tragedy. His father was taken from their family in a farm accident. This life-changing event unveiled the struggles and complications of dealing with an unplanned estate.
Through this tough time, Larry experienced first-hand the challenges families face when a loved one passes without a comprehensive estate plan in place. He witnessed the emotional turmoil, legal complications, and financial strain that this situation can cause. These experiences instilled in Larry a passion for helping others avoid similar struggles.
As an estate planning attorney, Larry brings not only his extensive legal knowledge to the table but also genuine empathy for every client he serves. He understands the needs and struggles that Oklahomans face in securing their legacy for future generations, having walked that path himself.
Our firm is dedicated to providing you with peace of mind by ensuring your assets and your loved ones are protected. We’ll help you navigate the complexities of estate planning, from drafting wills and trusts to estate tax planning and long-term care considerations. Our experienced team will guide you through each step, making the process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
Larry’s personal and professional experiences combine to give you a unique service that values your peace of mind above all. He firmly believes that no one should have to experience the hardships his family went through. That’s why he is dedicated to providing a service that is comprehensive, empathetic, and tailored to your specific needs.
Contact Us for Estate Planning Services
Parman & Easterday helps people of all ages and at all income and asset levels with the estate planning process. We work hard to make sure you have provided yourself and your family with certainty about the future by making use of the legal tools available to you. If you live in or around the Oklahoma City, OK, or Tulsa, OK areas we can help you create an estate plan that is unique to your situation.
Don’t wait to create your estate plan until it is too late and don’t leave yourself or your family vulnerable to unexpected problems in case of an injury, illness, or death. Give us a call today at (405) 843-6100 in Oklahoma City, OK, to begin the estate planning process. You can also contact us online to learn more about what we can do for you.