An incapacity plan will typically include a document called a durable power of attorney. With a durable power of attorney you name an agent or attorney-in- fact to act on your behalf in the event of your incapacitation.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Incapacity is Widespread
- Guardianship or Conservatorship
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Choosing an Agent
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
- Straight Answers From an Estate Planning Lawyer - May 25, 2023
- How Can You Leave an Inheritance to a Dog? - May 23, 2023
- Estate Planning: Where Do You Begin? - May 18, 2023