The specter of the probate process can be a daunting one. A lot of people in Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma think that probate is a bureaucratic nightmare full of endless paperwork, courts, and legal minutia sufficient to guarantee months, or years, of headaches and worry. Fortunately, the common understanding of probate is often far from the reality. The modern probate process is typically far more streamlined and easy-to-manage than most people assume.
Topics covered in this report include:
- What, exactly, is probate?
- What’s the difference between probate and estate settlement?
- What is the Uniform Probate Code?
- How do I prepare for probate?
Latest posts by Larry Parman, Attorney at Law (see all)
- Why Crowdfunding May Cost You Medicaid Eligibility - July 16, 2019
- Beneficiary Designations, etc., Aren’t a True Substitute for a Trust - July 11, 2019
- Does a Trustee Get Paid? - July 9, 2019