Clients of all ages in Overland Park may benefit from working with an elder law attorney at Parman & Easterday to make plans for the future. It is a common misconception that the services offered by an elder law attorney are valuable only to seniors – but this is simply not the case. Anyone could get sick or hurt, and an elder law attorney offers help to plan ahead for illness, incapacity, or death. We can also help you plan for retirement, work towards financial security, and protect your assets.
Call us for personalized advice and to find out how our Overland Park elder law attorneys can help you. You can also take advantage of some of the elder law resources that our legal team has assembled below to help you better understand what elder law attorneys do and why getting legal help is so important for people of all ages.
General Elder Law Resources
Elder law is a broad field of law that covers retirement planning, financial planning, asset protection, estate planning, legacy planning, incapacity planning, and more. There are many different resources that you may take advantage of to learn about what elder law attorneys do and why talking with an elder law attorney can make sense for you.
- The Elder Law section of the Kansas Bar Association: This page provides news and information from the Bar Association that is relevant to the field of elder law.
- The American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys: You can find information on elder law and estate planning, including details about what the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys does and why you should make sure that an attorney you hire is a member of the Academy.
The services Parman & Easterday provides to clients in Overland Park are customized to meet the needs of those who require help and support. We will listen to your goals and devise a plan of action that is right for you.
Overland Park Resources for Seniors
While elder law services are valuable to people of all ages, seniors face an added risk of serious illness, age-related infirmity or incapacity. This makes it especially important for older people to get help from legal professionals in the field of elder law. Seniors or people who are aging should also take advantage of some of these key resources to help them plan ahead and prepare for the future:
- Johnson County Kansas information on Nursing Homes: You can find information about planning for nursing home care in Johnson County. You can also find links to adult care homes in and around Overland Park and resources you can use to compare nursing homes and ensure that you have selected a high quality facility without a history of problems and citations.
- Kansas Advanced Directives from the AARP: Advanced Directives make it possible for you to specify before you get sick or injured what type of medical care you would be willing to accept and what kinds of care you do not want to receive under particular circumstances. The AARP has made forms available that you can use if you live in Overland Park or throughout Kansas. However, you should not use these forms on your own in most cases because the process of creating advanced directives can be a challenge. You should work with an experienced attorney to make a comprehensive incapacity plan that addresses all of the issues that could arise if you get sick.
Medicaid Resources in Overland Park
One of the most important services that an Overland Park elder law attorney can provide is assistance with the creation of a Medicaid plan. It is important to make a plan to get covered by Medicaid in case you need nursing home care or in case you require long-term care at home. These types of care typically aren’t covered by Medicare or most insurance policies, so you could be forced to pay out of pocket for very expensive care unless you’ve made a plan to avoid this by getting covered by Medicaid when you need care.
Some of the Medicaid resources you can use to learn more include:
- gov: This website provides detailed information on the general program requirements for Medicaid, as well as on what you must do to qualify and the steps that need to be taken to get covered.
- The Kansas Department of Health and Environment: This website provides more information on Medicaid eligibility and coverage for people with different circumstances throughout the state of Kansas. This includes seniors who may need to get covered for nursing home care.
- The website of the Kansas Medical Assistance Program: This website provides information to beneficiaries of Medicaid , as well as information for providers. Beneficiaries of Medicaid can also call 1-800-766-9012 for help.
Parman & Easterday will assist you in making sure your assets are safe and you’re eligible for Medicaid in case you require long-term care at home or nursing home care because of illness, age-related infirmity or incapacity.
Getting Help from an Overland Park Elder Law Attorney
An Overland Park elder law attorney at Parman & Easterday will help you ensure you have made the right plans to protect your future and your family’s future — no matter what your current situation. Whatever your age or your income level, we will create a personalized plan that is right for you.
To find out more about how our legal team can help you, join us for a free seminar. You can also give us a call today at contact us online at any time to get your plans underway and to take advantage of the comprehensive array of services that an Overland Park elder law attorney at our firm can offer.