Legacy Care Program Members-Only Free Event…
How to Be a Successful Successor Trustee:
What Happens When a Loved One Passes & How to Settle Their Affairs
At this FREE special event we’ll bring your family peace of mind and reveal the answers to these questions:
- How to ensure different types of property pass to the heirs in their entirety.
- When and how do estate taxes need to be paid (there can be interest and penalties if you’re late!)?
- Can a family business be paralyzed or destroyed if there isn’t a definite plan in place to keep it going?
- Who is in charge? Who has the legal authority to cash checks, pay bills, make decisions?
- How much of all this will be open to public view?
- How to prevent family squabbles over personal belongings and challenges to the wills?
- How much cash will be needed to satisfy unpaid bills, such as utilities; mortgage payments; hospitals and doctor bills; and
funeral and burial costs?
- Must you go through probate? And how much does that cost? How long does it take?
- Where are the important papers, such as wills, trusts, marriage licenses, life insurance policies, etc, located?
- Can you sell the residence and how soon?
- Do you need to see an attorney? An accountant? A financial planner?