Don’t plan to die? Bad news – humans have a 100% mortality rate. Yet only 30% of us make end-of-life plans, such as wills or trusts, advance medical directives and pre-need funeral planning. That leaves 70% of our families unprepared and devastated not if, but when, a death occurs. Listen to Gail Rubin on why we avoid the topic of death and how to improve end-of-life planning rates so everyone can have a Good Goodbye.
Gail Rubin, CT, is a death educator Certified in Thanatology: Death, Dying and Bereavement. She’s a speaker who uses humor and funny films to discuss mortality, end-of-life, estate and funeral planning issues. Author of the award-winning book A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, her newest book is Hail and Farewell: Cremation Ceremonies, Templates and Tips. Download a free planning form from her website: http://www.AGoodGoodbye.com.
Latest posts by Larry Parman, Attorney at Law (see all)
- Why Crowdfunding May Cost You Medicaid Eligibility - July 16, 2019
- Beneficiary Designations, etc., Aren’t a True Substitute for a Trust - July 11, 2019
- Does a Trustee Get Paid? - July 9, 2019