We’re now offering our popular Estate Planning Basics Seminar online.
Join us from the comfort and safety of your own home!
Learn How to Protect Your
Family Home & Nest Egg
Select an Upcoming Webinar or in-person Seminar
Thursday, June 18 2020 at 2 PM CT Webinar
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 2 PM and 6 PM CT
Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 2 PM CT
We will also cover the topics of
Wills, Trusts & Nursing Home Asset Protection:
Discover How to Protect Your Assets and
Provide for Your Loved Ones
Are you ready to begin making decisions that will protect your independence and ability to stay in control if you get sick or need long-term care in the future?
Join Joseph Esry for a special ONLINE one hour training event! Learn how to use simple legal strategies to help make your wishes known, keep peace in the family, and ensure that life is as easy as possible for your loved ones, no matter what happens.
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
If you don’t currently have a plan in place to protect your family and assets… or if it’s been at least three years since you’ve last looked at your old estate plan.
On this webinar you’ll learn:
Joseph joined Parman & Easterday in 2017. He is serving the estate, business, and tax planning needs of clients in Kansas City. Joseph is dedicated to helping families establish estate plans tailored to the needs of each individual, helping people minimize taxes, avoid probate, and prepare for the possibility of future disability or incapacity. He also helps the entrepreneur start, maintain, and continue their business and prepare for the eventual transfer of that business – either through sale or by transfer to family members.
- The advantages and disadvantages of both wills and trusts.
- How the new SECURE Act has impacted inherited IRAs and the best strategies to minimize taxes to your heirs.
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- All about probate and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time-consuming legal process.
- If you will you owe estate taxes and how to help your heirs minimize or even avoid “death” taxes after your passing.
- Easy strategies to protect your children’s inheritance from being seized if they get divorced, sued or file bankruptcy in the future.
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried (without a plan, your family’s inheritance will legally go to the new husband or wife!).
- How to qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses.
- How parents (and grandparents!) of children with special needs can plan for a lifetime of care without jeopardizing eligibility for important benefits like Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).