young adult
protection plan

The Ultimate Graduation Gift

While “estate planning” may not be the first phrase that comes to your mind as you prepare for your child’s high school graduation, it is one of the most important. 

After your child turns eighteen, medical and financial decisions can legally no longer be made by the parents. The only person with this authority is the child. For instance, if your child ends up unconscious from a car accident, you won’t be able to authorize medical care or access their bank accounts without a court order or a power of attorney. This is where some crucial pre-planning is necessary, and the team at Parman & Easterday is eager to help!

How We Can Help...

Hipaa Authorization

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) was designed protect our medical privacy. Consider having your child signing an authorization so that you can talk to their doctors  in the event of an emergency.

Durable Power of Attorney

This is a legal document that allows you to take care of your child’s finances including checking or savings accounts, college accounts etc.. This can be particularly important if your child is going away to college.

Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care

A legal document that allows you to be the one to make health and medical decisions for your child if your child is unable to do so

Authorization to Release Education Information

Most parents do not realize that they do not have the right to view their child’s college grades, financial package, or bills. The Authorization to Release Educational Information allows you, the parent, to get that information directly from the college. 

© 2018 Parman & Easterday Law. All rights reserved.

This website is intended to provide helpful information and is attorney advertising, as such it should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney–client relationship is established until a formal engagement agreement is signed by the attorney.

10740 Nall Ave. Suite 160
Overland Park, KS 66211